Focusing on the craft of developing effective strategy, this one-year program provides the skills necessary to build relationships and anticipate customer needs.
Working in a variety of roles across multiple sectors, professional marketers seek to create value for both customers and organizations. From research to brand management, this dynamic field of study provides an exciting opportunity for students from a range of academic backgrounds.
The ten required courses are taught and developed by industry professionals to connect theory to practice. You will develop a professional network, unique skills, and a portfolio of projects used throughout your career.
What you will learn
- Establish how to implement integrated marketing communications principles and practices and how to effectively plan robust campaigns utilizing tools, media,
andstrategies based on sound research
- Create and analyze market data as a tool in understanding markets and remove the guesswork when making business decisions
- Understand customer needs and wants, decide which target markets the organization can serve best, and develop a compelling value proposition by which the organization can attract, keep, and grow its customer base
- Learn the theories of industry thought leaders and experts, emerging trends and the ensuing opportunities, and the analysis of consumer
behaviourand current marketing considerations
- Create integrated media plans
- Understand the legal and ethical frameworks that influence the practice of public relations and marketing
Through the practicum, you will gain valuable hands-on experience, a strong network of industry contacts, and an edge in the job search process. It is the culmination of your work in the classroom and the bridge to a great career in your target industry
Full-Time Program Details
Duration: One year, full-time | September to August
Location: Online, with real-time learning | Hybrid
While every effort will be made to offer you your preferred method of learning, if we do not have enough interest to run both an online and a hybrid section of this program in the upcoming academic year, all eligible candidates will be offered a spot in our online with real-time learning session.
Tuition: $6750 + Western ancillary fees* Financial Aid: Not OSAP eligible
International Tuition: $14000 + Western ancillary fees*
*Note: Western ancillary fees are paid in addition to tuition. Ancillary fees for 2022-23 will be posted on the Office of the Registrar's website in Summer 2022. Please click here to review the Office of the Registrar's Ancillary Fees statement for the 2021-22 academic year.
Program: 10 required courses and one, 560-hour practicum
Application Deadline: April 15
Marketing is a one-year, full-time program, combining eight months of learning online (Sept-Apr) and four months in a practicum placement (May-Aug).