Application Tips and FAQ's
- Highlight what makes your story distinct from other candidates (what has shaped your story, personal circumstances, history or events)
- When did you become interested in the field of study, and why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the program
- Note any discrepancies or gaps in your academic record which may impact your candidacy for admission
- What character traits and soft skills do you possess (leadership, compassion, adaptability, etc.) and how do you think these traits would contribute to your success in the program
- 500-750 words maximum
- Don’t forget to proofread!
- Two references required; academic, professional or volunteer;
- References should know your character and abilities and be able to speak to them;
- Professional or volunteer referees should be a candidate’s direct report, manager or supervisor;
- Candidates will be required to provide contact information for their referees at the time of application (name, telephone number and email address);
- Hardcopy reference letters will not be accepted
- WES Course by Course Evaluation (ICAP)
This process should be started prior to applying to the program. Applicants must provide the WES Reference No. as part of the application process. This application must be completed prior to beginning the program application to Western Continuing Studies.
Questions about your WES application should be directed to World Education Services (WES)
at :WES Contact Form
- Proof of English Proficiency
Students must meet requirements set by Western University Admissions. An English proficiency waiver may be
approved,IF an applicant has completed a degree at a recognized university where the mode of instruction is English. To apply for an English proficiency waiver, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A waiver request must include: Full applicant name is it appears on the application, school attended and degree information, and WES Reference No. )
- Permanent Residency
If you are a permanent resident you will submit this information electronically when applying. All information should be clear and legible on the document. This information may be provided to the Western University, Western Fees Office after the time of application.
Additional information required for the program application:
- a 500-750 word personal statement;
- two reference questionnaires (professional, academic or volunteer);
- educational information (year of graduation, university and degree information);
- a resume/cv (required for Certificate programs only);
- $100 non-refundable application fee
Information and resources for International Students applying to Western Continuing Studies, please visit: International and Exchange Student Centre
- A recommended minimum average of 70% in last two years of study. Emphasis will be placed on your last two years of study, and the cutoff average will be determined by the entering applicant pool.
Once you have completed the program application process to Western Continuing Studies, your status will change to 'Under Review'. Once your referees have submitted completed questionnaires, your status will change to 'Submitted', after which you can expect a decision according to the following timelines:
- Western students or
graduates :Up to five days after submission of a complete application
applicants :7-10 days after submissions of a complete application
- International and non-Western University applicants: Up to two weeks after submission of a complete application (with all required documentation received)
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, ahead of the application deadline. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have about the application process.
Western students or graduates will be asked to provide their Western student number at the time of application submission. Western Continuing Studies will access academic transcripts at the time of application review.
Domestic applicants will be asked to provide an unofficial transcript at the time of application. A final, conferred copy will be required in hard copy format and will be required before a final (non-conditional) decision can be communicated.
If official documents have been requested, documents must be sealed by the issuing institution or organization and mailed to:
Attn: Post-Degree Admissions
Western Continuing Studies
Citi Plaza - 2nd Floor
355 Wellington St., Unit 240
London, ON N6A 3N7
All applicants can track the completion of their program application through logging into myWCS. By selecting the application you have applied to, you will see the list of criteria which is required. If the the box adjacent has a check box, this will indicate the information has been collected. If not, this material is outstanding. Please check regularly for updates.
Students may request equivalency for previous course work completed. A maximum of two diploma-credits may be considered for equivalency. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org