Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management
The Diploma in Not-for-Profit Management prepares you for a unique career in the not-for-profit sector shaping positive social and economic change
Working for organizations or groups that promote a cause or provide a public service, Not-for-Profit managers
Duration: One-year, full-time | September start
Location: Downtown campus
Cost: $7800 + Western ancillary fees Financial Aid: OSAP eligible
Program: 10 required courses and a practicum
Not-for-Profit Management is a one-year full-time program, combining eight months of learning in-class and four months in a practicum placement.
To pursue a Post-Degree Diploma you need to apply.
The ten required courses are taught and developed by industry professionals to connect theory to practice. You will develop a professional network, unique skills, and a portfolio of projects used throughout your career.
What you will learn
- Develop a comprehensive overview of not-for-profit organizations, current trends and realities of the not-for-profit industry
- Have a concrete understanding of fundraising, development, strategic planning,
- communications, financial and marketing strategies/responsibilities as they pertain to the not-for-profit context
- Understand how to regulate, develop and enforce legislative and board policies
- Explore technological tools, programs, and processes that apply to not-for-profit organizations
- Have a full understanding of the foundations of effective leadership and financial management
- Plan and host a major fundraising event
- Learn methods of community engagement, volunteer management and how they apply to not-for-profit organizations
Through the practicum, you will gain valuable hands-on experience, a strong network of industry contacts, and an edge in the job search process. It is the culmination of your work in the classroom and the bridge to a great career in your target industry